Just a Touch
Sunday, 7 August 2011
The world is going crazy for tablets, and it’s no wonder. Not only are they a busy person’s best friend, but a lazy person’s best friend at the same time. It’s amazing how far your desk feels from your couch when you don’t actually have to get up anymore. Casual browsing, tweeting, or watching videos, my tablet has replaced most tasks I normally would do on my laptop. Over the last three weeks, I have been playing with HP’s tablet, the TouchPad. Equipped with webOS, I have been trying all sorts of things with this bad boy and this is what I found:
- Facebook App!!! The iPad app is long overdue. HP worked with Facebook to create an App for webOS. Smart move.
- It has great search. Not only does it search the contents of your tablet, it searches the internet while it’s at it.
- It renders flash and HTML5, so when I can’t see it on my iPhone or iPad, I can on the TouchPad. Yes, I’m that lazy on my couch.
- Numbers on the keyboard. This seems like such a small thing, but with my tricky passwords, I access numbers more often than you would think.
- It’s extremely shiny, which makes it pretty to look at. Unfortunately, this also makes finger prints extremely visible. Clean often, or it can look sloppy.
- This is purely aesthetic, but it has a fun liquid animation when you touch it, making it feel like you really are.
You can also see what Russell Brand has to say:
However, you don’t have to take our word for it — see for yourself! To one lucky winner, I am giving away a free HP TouchPad.
“I would love a free @HP #TouchPad from @unbrelievable http://bit.ly/qAkGYB”
Contest closes on Wednesday, August 10th at 5:00PM. Winner will be announced on August 11th.